2015 NYHAAD Youth Ambassador Application
Applications are due December 12, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. EST
All questions marked with * are required.
National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day is a nationwide observance that calls on people to take action and invest in young people - in their health, their education, and their leadership – so we can truly reach an AIDS-free generation. The first National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day was held on April 10, 2013. However, individuals and organizations held events throughout the month of April.
What is the National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day (NYHAAD) Youth Ambassador Program?
The National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day (NYHAAD) Youth Ambassador Program is comprised of young leaders and activists who come together to promote a message of prevention, treatment, care, and youth empowerment. All the Youth Ambassador Program’s work is a collaboration of diversity and passion, in the hopes of reaching out to youth across the U.S. affected by HIV/AIDS.
Expectations, Roles and Responsibilities:
1. That you care about HIV/AIDS and issues affecting youth.
2. That you will promote National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day in your school, college campus, or community.
3. That you will participate in either monthly or bi-monthly conference calls.
4. That you will provide support to the Advocates for Youth and NYHAAD partners in reviewing and providing feedback on various materials and resources in preparation for National Youth HIV & AIDS Day.
5. That you will vlog or write a blog for National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day to be featured on Amplifyyourvoice.org or partner sites.
6. That you will facilitate an event on National Youth HIV & AIDS Awareness Day to highlight your work as a NYHAAD Youth Ambassador.
7. That you will submit an application to receive a local/ state proclamation for National Youth HIV/ AIDS Awareness Day.
8. That you will participate in Facebook discussions and Twitter Chats related to National Youth HIV/ AIDS Awareness Day.
9. That you will share information such as info graphics and fact sheets through your networks and social media channels.
10. To meet, work with, and learn from Advocates and NYHAAD partner staff who care about these issues as much as you do.
11. To meet, work with, and learn from amazing youth leaders from across the country.
12. To gain information and the opportunity to build skills that will be of use to you throughout your school and work career.
13. To share your experience and perspectives.
14. To make a difference.
• Must be between the ages of 13-24 years by the application deadline
• Must complete the attached application
Current involvement and skills
Current Address (Street, City, State, Zip)
Which address is this?
Date of Birth (MM/DD/YYYY - you must be between 13-24 yrs)
Gender Identity (Optional)
Sexual Orientation (Optional)
HIV Status (Optional)
Do Not Fill This Out